- High-precision primary standard
- Reference instrument for factory and calibration laboratories for the testing, adjustment and calibration of pressure measuring instruments
- Cross-float measurement for determining the effective area of a piston-cylinder system
- Complete, stand-alone system, also suitable for on-site use
- Total measurement uncertainty to 0.002 % of reading, depending on model
- COFRAC calibration certificate included as standard
- Available up to 1,000 bar (14,500 psi) pneumatic and 5,000 bar (72,500 psi) hydraulic
- 15 different piston-cylinder sizes available
Reference primary standards
Pressure balances are high-precision fundamental pressure standards that define the derived unit of pressure directly from the fundamental units of mass, length and time following the formula p = F/A.
The direct measurement of the pressure with a pressure balance, combined with the know-how of Desgranges & Huot, guarantees the best metrological specifications on the market.
- High-quality piston-cylinder systems (high floating time and long-term stability)
- Cast aluminium case and robust components (minimum maintenance and overhaul services)
This type of pressure balance has been successfully tested by national institutes, calibration laboratories and in many industrial applications.
There are five variants in the CPB6000 product family, which reflect a concerted long-term effort to offer the user a broad range of choice in selecting a standard suited best to current and future requirements.
The pressure balances of the CPB6000 series are applicable in a very wide variety of pressure calibration and measurement tasks. Appropriate configurations are available for use in primary standards laboratories and as reference instruments on the shop floor.