Applications of the magnetic float switch
- Level measurement for almost all liquid media
- Pump/level control
- Chemical industry, petrochemical industry, natural gas, offshore, shipbuilding, machine building, power generating equipment, power stations
- Process water and drinking water treatment
Special Features of the magnetic float switch
- Large scope of application due to the simple, proven functional principle
- For harsh operating conditions, long service life
- Operating limits:
– Operating temperature: T = -196 … +350 °C
– Working pressure: P = vacuum to 232 bar
– Limit S. G.: ρ ≥ 600 kg/m3
- Stainless steel and plastic versions
- Explosion-protected versions
Description of the magnetic float switch
In addition to the various applications for magnetic float switches for vertical installation (model FLS), the model HLS horizontal magnetic float switches likewise offer innumerable possibilities to monitor and/or switch levels in order to indicate minimum/maximum levels.
The float is attached to a supported, swivelling lever and moves with the level of the medium being measured. By means of a permanent magnet, fixed to the end of the lever, when a preset switch point is reached, a reed contact (inert gas contact) within the contact pipe is actuated.
By using a permanent magnet and a reed contact the switching operation is non-contact, free from wear and needs no power supply. The functioning of the magnetic float switch is independent of foaming, conductivity, vapours, bubble formation and vibrations.
The signal processing is universal. Direct connection to PLCs, NAMUR connections, signal amplifiers or contact protection relays is possible.
The magnetic float switch is simple to mount and maintenance-free, so the costs of mounting, commissioning and operation are low.