- Level monitoring in refrigeration plants
- Application with refrigerants
- Mounting position as required
- Accuracy ±2 mm
- Visual indication of the switching status
- Choice of electrical connections: PUR, PVC cable or circular connector M8
The model OLS-C04 optoelectronic level switch is used for monitoring the level of liquids. The optoelectronic sensor consists of an infrared LED and a light receptor.
The light from the LED is directed at a prism which forms the tip of the sensor. So long as the tip is not immersed in liquid, the light is reflected within the prism to the receiver.
When the liquid rises within the vessel and surrounds the tip, the light beam is refracted by the liquid, so that the receiver is no longer or only weakly reached by the light and reacts to this change by triggering a switching operation.
The switching status can be read directly on the sensor (yellow LED).
The model OLS-C04 level switch can be used in refrigeration plants, since the glass prism is fused within the steel case.